Delicious Oktoberfest recipes are an essential part of any autumn celebration. Pay homage to the harvest season and plan a fabulous Oktoberfest appetizer, main course, and dessert. Determine the number of guests you expect at your Oktoberfest celebration before you plan your menu and do the shopping.
Here is one of the most classic Oktoberfest food recipes to inspire your fall party planning:
Soft Pretzels Recipe
Bake delicious soft pretzels for a fantastic Oktoberfest recipe. Supply a side dip of sweet, sharp, or tangy mustard to complement the soft pretzels.
- 4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 5 cups flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup baking soda
- 4 cups hot water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- Dissolve the yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in warm water for around ten minutes.
- Mix the flour, ½ cup of sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Add the oil and mixture of yeast in the center of the dry ingredients. Mix the ingredients together until they turn into dough. Add one tablespoon of water if the mixture is dry.
- Knead the dough for eight minutes. Coat the dough with oil, place it in a large bowl, and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rise for around one hour to double the size.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the baking soda in hot water.
- Coat a large cutting board with flour, place the dough on top, and divide the dough into twelve pieces.
- Roll the dough into a rope form, shape it into a pretzel, and dip it into the baking soda solution.
- Grease a baking sheet and place the pretzels on top. Sprinkle the pretzels with kosher salt.
- Bake the pretzels in the oven for eight minutes.
Make other delicious Octoberfest recipes for the main course and dessert. Consider dishes such as potato pancakes and German dark chocolate cherry brownies. Enjoy!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now