Graduation Party Themes
Need a fantastic graduation party theme to celebrate your grad? There are many fun graduation party themes you can use to celebrate the accomplishments of your graduate. Check out the following graduation themes to find some ideas that will work for your party.
When you consider graduation theme ideas, keep in mind the interests of the guest of honor. You will also need to consider your venue for the party as it might lend itself to certain themes better than others.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Sports Theme: If your son or daughter is a sports fanatic, sports could be a great theme for the graduation party. You could either do a general sports theme for the graduation party or if they played a specific sport in high school or college, focus on their favorite sport for the graduation party theme. Send invitations to match the theme of the party. For example, if the graduate did track and field, write something like “Joe has reached the finish line! Join us to celebrate his graduation from college.” Decorate your party venue with sports memorabilia, jerseys, and sports equipment. If the graduate has had articles written about them in the newspaper, make a collage or scrapbook out of them with pictures for the guests to flip through at the party.
- Travel Theme: If the graduate plans to take some time off to travel after their graduation, this would be a great theme for their party. Encourage guests to get the graduate gifts that are travel themed such as luggage, foreign currency, a journal, camera, and travel books. Hang up a large map on the wall with thumbtacks where the graduate plans to visit. Another neat idea is to have guests write special messages to the graduate in a book that the grad can’t read until they get onto the plane!
- Southwestern Theme: This theme is fun and unique for a graduation party. Decorate the party venue with red chili pepper lights, cacti, bandanas, and howling coyotes. A great color scheme to include for this party theme is bright colors like red, green, and yellow. Serve up delicious southwestern food like barbecue chicken, sweet potato fries, cornbread, and chips and salsa.
- Performance Theme: If the graduate is a dancer, actor, or performer, host a dance or theather themed graduation party. Send invitations to your guests with wording like “Show stopping graduate! Join us for one last dance.” Decorate the party with awards that the graduate has won and roll out a red carpet for your guests. You can also hang up pictures or play videos of the graduate performing for the guests to watch during the party.
- Jazz Theme: For the music minded grad, send invitations to your guests that say something like “Meg’s a Graduate and All That Jazz!” Decorate the party with musical notes and instrument posters. Play upbeat jazz music in the background of your party. This graduation theme party lends itself to a "jazz buffet." Set up a buffet table with pasta salad, chicken, baked macaroni and cheese, potato salad, and other delicious foods. A decadent jazz themed graduation cake is perfect for dessert!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now