Two Mile House
1189 Walnut Bottom Road
The Two-Mile House was built in the 1820s by James Given in the Federal Style. It served as a tavern from 1826 to 1857, hosting many a weary traveler. After its life as a tavern, the property became a private residence. The last owners Joseph and Mary King bequeathed the house to the Cumberland County Historical Society, who today administer the property. The King’s loved to entertain and in their memory the property is available to rent for parties, business meetings, weddings, and receptions.
The Two-Mile House rests on a five-acre property in Carlisle, PA. The House has nine rooms available during the rental and an outside patio that is tent covered from spring to fall.
Included in the rental are four 48-inch tables, four 33-inch pub tables, 65 chairs, six card tables, six 6-foot rectangle tables, three easels, dishes, glasses, flatware, two ovens, a dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator. The Two-Mile House, along with the full kitchen, has two dining rooms, two parlors, a terrace room, two powders rooms, and two dressing rooms.